Sunday, August 9, 2009

Corn on the cob cupcakes

I am making these this week. Here's the book's Photo. I got this recipe from " Hello Cupcake!".

-1 can store bought frosting (homemade just doesn't hold up as well) use food coloring to make it a light yellow
-24 cupcakes wrapped in yellow wrappers
- 3 1/2 cups yellow, creme, or white jelly beans
- 4 pieces yellow fruit chews, like starburst or laffy taffy
-1 Tablespoon black decorating sugar
-1 Tablespoon white decorating sugar
-8 sets of corn holders

You arrange the cupcakes into groupings of 3, giving you 8 'ears' of corn. You frost the cupcakes and make 5 rows of jelly beans per cupcake. You then pinch the laffy taffy slightly on one side to flatten it. (giving it a melting look). and you finish out by topping the cupcakes with the sugar, and adding the corn holders.

I have made other cupcake ideas from this book, and this one is the simplest one. It looks really fun. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. hey y'all! Those cupcakes are adorable! I decided that now I'm unemployed I'll have more time for the finer things in life ... like learning how to cook! So how do i become a contributor?

    ReplyDelete